Main image

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pencil writing history


The "I am this way and I will never change" approach is not going to take you anywhere. I have heard it in a lot of places from a lot of people, and these same people end up living miserably, unhappy, and wondering why 'nothing works for them'. Here is how to identify them:
  • "Everyone/all guys/all girls are the same" (No, YOU are always the same)
  • "This is how I am and I'll die this way" (Yes, you will)
  • "No one is going to change me" (You are absolutely right, only you can change yourself)
  • "Why change? It never works" (It has never worked because you have never changed)
Wake up! It is only if you are willing to be changed that you can be used to change the world around you. No change in you, no change in others. Do you really want to be the vessel of change? Do you really want to be the pencil in God's hand? Then be willing to be changed. Submit yourself to a process of change, no matter how painful and slow it is.

Here is the analogy my mentor gives me: When you came to God, all you were was mud, but through burning you and spinning you around, God begins to give you shape. Sometimes it burns a lot, and sometimes He rids you of big parts of your life, but that's what it takes. Are you willing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment