Main image

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The best gift you can give is...


It was my birthday a few days ago. I was pretty humbled by all the kind words, wishes, and love. But it made me think about gifts, I got a few, and they were cool and all, but I thought "what's the best gift you can give to someone?". Now mind you, nothing against gifts (duh), but I thought about the greatest gift. And I came to the conclusion that the best gift you can give is you. The best gift you can give to the world is you.

This is not the cheesy-corny thing you want to hear. But it is the truth. I can have all the stuff later, but I won't have you around forever. If you want to make the best, most expensive, most qualified, most lasting gift to me, your friends, and your family, then be a man or woman of integrity, of righteousness, who earns everything she owns. Don't settle for small dreams, go for the big ones. Don't live for yourself, but live for the very glory that leads to eternity.

Be kind to people and let them remember you for your character. Don't forget the little ones, and don't depreciate the hopeless. Remember the poor and encourage the afflicted. Seek wisdom and hate ignorance. Cut back on tv, and open that book sitting on the shelf. Say 'bye' to your couch and call some friends. And when you gain new heights, remain humble. This is truly the best gift, it's more than enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment